Friday, April 15, 2011

Departing Gradually Into Tomorrow - April 2011


Departing Gradually Into Tomorrow
2011 - 8.5" x 11", Mixed media on watercolor paper


See the writings on the wall?
The delicacy of an adjective is intricate.

We tell ourselves repeated phrases.
Mental poems of traumatic experiences.
Absorbing pain through time.
Illusions fill the void.

Caught halfway through a dream.
The night is blue.
Painting bizarre landscapes.
Until the morning turns to orange.

A new intelligence brings clarity.
Sleeping feels good.

Today or tomorrow,
Beautiful is still beautiful.

1 comment:

Jim W. said...

I'm not sure what it means, but it sounds cool.

I think I gave up "figuring stuff out" a while ago. I have to work hard enough to figure out things I kind of understand...trying to understand abstract things I don't understand is just too much for me at this stage in my life.

Maybe a few fuses blew in my brain the past few years from engineering, lol.